Friday, December 3, 2010

Finally

Over the last couple weeks I've noticed that I am spending less time crying and more time smiling whenever my thoughts are drawn to my friends that passed in the wreck. I'm not beating myself up near as much for experiencing some joy in my day or happiness in the memories I have of my friends. Recently a few of us were reminded of one of Dan's antics and were left pretty much breathless from laughter.

Now that is an incredible feeling. Not only the laughter, but more importantly the happiness I'm beginning to experience again when I'm in the company of my friends if only in memory. Feels a little like we're still together enjoying each other. I imagine they've missed that as much as I have and are shouting "it's about time chica, we've missed you!!!"

~Julie

3 comments:

  1. Happy to hear that you are starting to live again. It isn't disrespectful to laugh and have fun in your life. I choose to believe it is what they would want you to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog and read the entries. I'm glad you are finding joy sneaking back into your life.

    Thanks for sharing your journey. Time doesn't heal all, but time is what we have.

    ~Keith

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have to move on, eventually the pain will recede and loving memories will remain. AHD is right your friends would have wanted you to do that.

    ReplyDelete